The Friends of the Museum Association was formed in 1913 to help the Museum of Applied Arts to expand its holdings. It was in the same spirit that today's Friends of the Museum was set up in 2001. The aim of the association is to support the Museum and artists, and to promote the preservation of cultural objects and make them into "public treasures".
The Friends of the Museum of Applied Arts welcomes all art-lovers who would like to do something for the arts. The association puts on special events and cultural get-togethers for members, which are also opportunities to meet artists and find out what they do.
Benefits of membership:
- Free entrance to all exhibitions in the Museum of Applied Arts, and the permanent exhibitions in the Nagytétény Castle Museum and the György Ráth Museum.
- 50% discount on temporary exhibitions in the Nagytétény Castle Museum and the György Ráth Museum.
- Free attendance at Friends of the Museum events.
- Free use of the Museum Library.
- Invitations to exhibition openings.
- Newsletter informing of Museum events.
- Meetings with like-minded people.
Download the application form below or pick it up from the Museum information desk.
Payment may be made by:
- wire transfer: (Iparművészeti Múzeum Baráti Kör K&H 10400126-50526554-83811003)
- cash: to the General Secretary in person, or by post office payment order (Iparművészeti Múzeum Baráti Kör 1091 Budapest, Üllői út. 33–37. K&H 10400126-50526554-83811003)
Please send the application form and proof of payment to the Friends postal address:
Alexandra Herczegh Szterényi, General Secretary
Iparművészeti Múzeum Baráti Köre
1028 Budapest, Kertváros u. 11.